First, a random picture of the kids in front of our "Growth Board" where we record their height and age.
Second, a note about coupons. I didn't use to clip coupons. I was quite content with store or generic brand items until . . . Hy-Vee ran a sale on General Mills cereal this fall. I just happened to read the store flyer about the deal, scrounged up a few coupons online and got my General Mills cereal for $.50 a box! I was hooked after that! And let's not mention that I took advantage of that General Mills deal 3 times in 2 days. We go through a lot of cereal so I don't feel guilty about doing that. I started a coupon organizer for free with things I had around the house. It's a 3-ring, zippered binder with photo album pages to hold my coupons.
On another money note, I've started the boys with chores and they can earn commission. This is the style of Dave Ramsey. Visit his site.
They can also lose their commission or rewards by fighting, complaining, etc.
With their money, they have to divide it three ways: Giving, Spending and Saving. They give 10%, get to spend 50% and save 40%. The items they are saving for are also posted on the fridge. Ephraim is saving for a DVD from Discovery Channel and Emmet is saving for the new Toy Story Legos. They both cost about $25. If the boys work hard they might be able to order their items by late spring. Their commission for chores is only $.05 for each job and $.10 for a few things that only happen once a week, like change their sheets. They might make $2/week but they have to split that three ways. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks how things are progressing.
No comments:
Post a Comment