Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WOW! Now we're 3!

Happy Birthday to our beloved girls! They turned 3 on Sunday, 10-10-10. We started the day with cupcakes for their Sunday School class. I wasn't sure how much mess would be made with 15 3 & 4 year olds, but they did pretty good!

And then it was home for lunch and presents after lunch!
The girls with their unopened presents. Patiently waiting.

The boys couldn't resist getting in on the action, even if it was all girl stuff.

I don't know, Emmet seems pretty excited in this picture. This is Eliza and her new Cabbage Patch doll.
Thanks mommy & daddy!
Oh, pretty doll!

Eliza with her doll and a few of the outfits I sewed for her doll.

Eden checking out the clothes that I made for their new dolls.

They do look alike, don't they. Let's not talk about how many hours I spent at www.cabbagepatchkids.com trying to find just the perfect ones. I wanted their dolls to be kind of similar but yet a little different. And I wanted them to have the same hair and eye color. Picky, I know. I was kind of hoping that I could find one with a pink outfit and shoes and another with a purple outfit and shoes. But, no such luck. Or at least not at cabbagepatchkids.com. Now, ebay is a different story, but let's not go there. I have managed to successfully win a bid on a purple shoe set. That'll have to wait for Eliza's Christmas present, so don't spill the secret.

A look at the clothes I sewed. Two coats, two pants, two bubble suits and two dresses with matching panties. I am working on a few more outfits for Christmas. And I helped the girls rummage through the tote of their newborn clothes and we found some outfits/onesies that the girls used to wear and now their dollies can wear. I knew I was keeping those for a reason.

And a look at the clothes that the girls got for themselves. Mostly clearance from Children's Place and Osh Kosh, but nothing wrong with that!
Now it's time for cake.
I wanted to do a butterfly theme. So, I looked online for cake ideas and found something like this. It is three cakes made in a heart pan and then put together like this. The third heart is cut in thirds for the bottom wings and a center piece. The only downside to this is that I had one heart pan, so it took all morning to bake the cakes. But I love how it turned out and I've gotten some great compliments on it, too.

Eliza and Eden with their cake.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Eden & Eliza, Happy Birthday to you!"

And their attempt to blow out the candles.
Notice the butterfly napkins? I stumbled across those at the Dollar Tree. After my mom and I search Des Moines for butterfly napkins and found some at Nobbies. So, we'll use those for the extended family party next Sunday.
What a great day to celebrate! They were happy with their presents and their cake. They bring so much joy to our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment