Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pinterest projects

I've had a couple of Pinterest projects in the works lately.

 The first one is a relatively easy, free one to do for beginning readers.  Eden is almost past this point or she is picking up on them quicker when we do them.  Eliza needs some more practice, so I know these will get some good use.  Check out my Reading Pinterest board for more ideas.  I used paint strips for the beginning consonant sounds.  The ending sounds, the word families, are written on construction paper and then I made two slits so the paint strips can slide through.  We have most of the easy ones done so now we will start on some more difficult ones for Eden.




A sewing project for me, literally.  Check out the website at www.littlehouseliving.com for the pattern and details. I pretty much followed the instructions.  There is another pattern and instructions here.  Again, this was a nearly free project since I had all the scrap fabric and I just had to buy snaps.  I borrowed a friend's snap pliers.  They don't take very long to make but it is a matter of finding the time to make them, especially when curious children are wondering "What in the world are you making?"  Finding the time to sew after they are all in bed just wasn't happening.  I finally caved and did all the snaps while the kids were awake.  And there, off to the side, is Eliza making a garland by snapping them all together.  *sigh*
Can I just say that after using them for a while I am never going back to the store bought ones? 


No comments:

Post a Comment