Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pictures of the Month: August

August was full for us.  We got home from vacation.  Went to the Omaha Zoo, Iowa State Fair, celebrated a 60th birthday, celebrated my 36th birthday, organized an Ice Cream Social, canned green beans, froze applesauce, carrots & corn.  I neglected to take one picture every day.  I was enjoying the moments.  Here are the only pictures I took that didn't warrant an entire post.  

The boys really enjoy their nets.  But even more than that, they enjoy catching butterflies in their nets. On a nice day in August, they caught two different butterflies.   


This picture didn't turn out, but they have two monarchs in their net!  They were super excited!



Since we were at the Zoo on my birthday, we didn't open my presents until Sunday, a few days later.  And yes, those are the presents I'll be opening--don't mind the Christmas wrapping paper :)  Seth got me a couple of games to play with the kids and a couple of family movies.  

Also in the month of August, the Amish window guys came back and worked on the soffit and gutters. They were here for a couple of days.  On one of those days, Amos brought along two boys.  They seemed to be about the same age as Ephraim and Emmet.  Everyone played so well together.  They enjoyed playing hot wheels, in the sandpile, climbing trees and bales and playing on the swingset.  In this picture, it is kind of hard to see, but one boy is to the left of the tree and the other one is standing to the right of the tree.  The outside of our house is looking nice now with new windows, soffit and gutters.  



Seth and I had the chance to get away to Moline, IL for two days.  We were attending a conference to learn more about the farm software we use to keep our farm bookwork.  In the evening the entire conference went on the Celebration Belle, a dinner riverboat.  As providence would have it, we sat by a couple whose grandchildren are homeschooled.  
We had a good time but it always good to come home, too.

I think that gets you all caught up on August.  School has started for us, but we'll have a full post about that after Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment