Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pictures of the week, Sept 1 to Sept 8, 2012


Saturday, September 1, 2012
A picture of me with some of my college friends!

 Sunday, September 2, 2012
 Enjoying some tadpole catchin' with friends!

Monday, September 3, 2012
 It was Labor Day but farmers don't get to take it as a vacation day.  Seth and the boys were busy grinding corn and tarring the roof of his parents' house.


Tuesday, September 4, 2012
The girls were having a grand ol' time playing together--tickling and "wrestling" when they weren't playing dolls or Legos.  

Wednesday, September 5, 2012
 We purchased 3 more bushels of apples from Drakesville and made applesauce all Wednesday afternoon.  We did 8 half gallons and 14 quarts.  And Seth's mom took some home for them, too.

Thursday, September 6, 2012
Lest you think we haven't started school, we have.  I just haven't posted our "first day of school picture" yet.  
Friday, September 7, 2012
Hy-Vee was having a great sale on cheese and ham.  The cheese was on sale for $.99, with a limit of 15.  (I went back a second time, so yes, I have 30 packages of cheese).  The ham was on sale for $1.99, normally $5.99, limit of 4.  I ended up with 8 of them.  I froze some and we're having the rest chopped up in casseroles or just plain on sandwiches.  

Saturday, September 8, 2012
A morning of doing 7 batches of tomatoes!  Chili base, pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce are all ready for consumption in the next year.
In the evening, we went to our church's 100th anniversary Sunday School Potluck and Auction.  
The children enjoyed the bounce house. . . 
. . . while the adults were bidding on many homemade items and goodies.  Seth and I donated some hamburger and my Supper Swapper group donated meals.  I came home with some fudge and some black walnuts.  It was a nice evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment