I've got a couple stories to share (no pictures, though). And perhaps these stories will just confirm that your family and mine are normal!
1. A story about Eden. I was making crispy chicken one afternoon. I take my raw chicken pieces, dip them in melted butter and then roll them in corn flakes before putting them in my baking dish. I love this recipe and so do the kids! Anyway, Eden is kind of helping, kind of watching. I'm a bit leery of having her help with the raw meat, etc. So she's mostly watching and then all of a sudden she . . . . . reaches . . . . for . . . . the . . . . cornflake dish . . . . and . . . . takes . . . a . . . handful of cornflakes . . . and . . . eats . . . it . . . . immediately! UGH! GROSS! I tell her to spit it out! Of course, I watched her closely for mad cow, e coli and salmonella but all is well! Wheww!
2. A story about Eliza and Emmet. We were at school for a preschool assessment for the girls and they needed a drink. We pause at the drinking fountain. Eliza is taking a drink from the fountain and then to my horror . . . I catch Emmet start to drink the water that's supposed to going down the drain of the water fountain. Yes, he was lapping it up! Oh, gross!
3. The bathroom was occupied the other evening and Emmet had to go. He asked if he could go outside. I said yes. And then I proceeded to see him go to the breezeway, open the door to the outside and pee. Uh, okay. I'd kind of assumed that he would actually walk outside but I guess he thought that keeping his feet inside with the door open was a better idea. Note to self: next time, be a bit more explicit.
And not really a disgusting story, but humorous none-the-less:
We were outside today picking up sticks in the yard. And Eliza has to go potty. I asked her if she could hold it for a bit longer and she said no. Emmet says "I'll take her potty." Ahhh, now isn't that sweet. I turn my back as they rush off. And then I turn around to see him helping her squat by the evergreen tree. Again, note to self: be more explicit or just do it yourself.
I share these stories so that you'll find humor, but realize that events like this happen to all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment