When Seth has to leave early in the morning, sometimes it is nice to give him a hot breakfast. But, because I enjoy my sleep (and NEED sleep to parent the children all day) I do not rise much before 5am. One way I can make a hot breakfast is to make it ahead and then freeze it. I've made these in the past and we've always enjoyed them. Saturday was when I made a double batch, 24 in all.
In the past, I've made them with Pillsbury Grands Biscuits. This time I wanted to make homemade biscuits. I found my recipe here. Each batch made 12.
We like McBiscuits because you can customize them to your tastes. I made them this time all the same with cheese, egg and ham.

A McBiscuit ready to be wrapped in aluminum foil and ready for the freezer. It looks like there's two of them there but I think we're seeing the reflection in the foil. I've made them before with fully cooked sausage and those are good, too. This is a great way to use up some of my extra eggs since my hens have kicked egg laying into high gear!
A McBiscuit ready to be wrapped in aluminum foil and ready for the freezer. It looks like there's two of them there but I think we're seeing the reflection in the foil. I've made them before with fully cooked sausage and those are good, too. This is a great way to use up some of my extra eggs since my hens have kicked egg laying into high gear!
No comments:
Post a Comment