
It's a simple zucchini but it became the brunt of a few practical jokes over the weekend. It all started at lunch when I simply inquired if anyone liked fried zucchini. I was hoping to make that for supper. Their response was less than enthusiastic. Oh well, more for me. Supper came around and I made the fried zucchini. I kept passing the plate around and it came back to me with not much missing. Somehow, the teasing started and we dared Arlin to eat a piece. No way, he said. He looked away at some point during the meal and Paul put a piece on his plate. He eyed it and left the table. . . and we didn't know where he went. He eventually came back with his pliers, to remove the invading piece of zucchini. At this point, what he doesn't know is that while he was fetching his pliers, Paul put zucchini on his hamburger bun. He takes two bites of his zucchini and throws it down on his plate. His hamburger is ruined, according to him. I had a few slices of raw zucchini left over so I put those in a ziplock baggie and put those in his pillowcase. We watched his flashlight turn off for the night and nothing happened. The the light turns back on and we hear "I'm gonna get you!" The zucchini joke didn't end there. It lasted until Tuesday when we had the zucchini in his lunch box with a note "Take your zucchini to work day."

Quiet time Saturday afternoon. Due to the heat, we were looking for something indoors to do. We ventured to the Monroe County Historical Museum and had a great time.

There was an engine, caboose and schoolhouse to tour outside and lots of exhibits inside.


The men checking out the bathroom that "flushes" directly onto the tracks.
No comments:
Post a Comment