Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pictures of the week December 11 to December 17, 2011

A week of Christmas activities. So much to take in and enjoy! We do hope you have time to sit back and soak in the beauty of the Christmas--recognizing the greatest gift of all!



Sunday, December 11, 2011



The kids' Christmas Program focused on the Jesse Tree.

Monday, December 12, 2011



Eliza and her Strawberry Shortcake blanket. There are not many places that she goes without it! My mom made it for her when she was born and she's been carrying it around for at least 3 years. She sleeps with it but it is now too small to cover her whole body, so she uses it as a neck/head wrap--a trait that she gets from her father!



Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Eden wanted to read to the kids before bed. She opened her small Bible, grabbed her flashlight and began her own rendition of the Christmas story from memory. Starting with the wise men . . .

Wednesday, December 14, 2011



The kids were antsy for a hands on science experiment. We grabbed one of our books and looked for something we had the ingredients for. Blue Goo won and we made it with a bit of cornstarch, water and food coloring. I thought it would be more like silly putty, but it was a bit too gooey. The kids loved it and that's all that matters.

Thursday, December 15, 2011




A friend introduced me to homemade 3 Musketeers and they are D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! I wanted to make them for an upcoming gathering, so here we are making them with the kids. We enjoyed them a lot! However, I think the next time I make them I'll wait until the kids are asleep. Maybe they'll look more like rectangle candy bars instead of globs of chocolate. Yummy either way!


Friday, December 16, 2011

A candy cane pattern craft. Eliza really enjoyed this!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas with Seth's immediate family. Tom, Michelle and Paul on the left. Arlin, Donna, Seth and I in the back. Mark (age 11), John (8) and Ephraim (8) in the middle. Emmet (6) and Eden & Eliza (4). Obviously, this isn't the only picture I took. There'll be a whole post on this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment